Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

May your Holidays be Filled with Laughter, Love & Joy!



Hello, creative friends! Julie here today. I love it when I have an excuse to play with my artsy supplies!  This time, I did some die cutting, stamping, and of course, painting.

I started out cutting out a bunch of poinsettia-like looking flowers with my Big Shot, using watercolor paper.  Here's what they looked like:
Some of them had a stamp set to match, so I stamped them before I die cut them.  It's easier to line everything up that way. Then, I started painting them, using colors that would make them look like a poinsettia.  Here's what they looked like painted:

I used Garnet (one of December's sale colors!), Evergreen (also on sale at 33% off!), and Green Olive.



Then, it was time to put it all together.  Here's what I created with these flowers:


This 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch card was made for the friend who gave me those two beautiful stick pins.  She made me a whole bunch of beautiful beaded stick pins just like these two.  I thought the least I could do was return the favor with a card.
When assembling this card, I used the rule of threes, using 3 poinsettias clusters, 3 leaves, and even 3 red rhinestones.
Here's a close up of the poinsettias and beaded stick pins...


For more details about the supplies used on this card, please visit my blog.

Thanks for visiting today! May your holidays truly be filled with laughter, love & joy!



7 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous, beautiful colours xx

DIANA L. said...


I love this great stamps I have some of them and the CI Paints work great on them. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

mommyx2 said...

Awesome card Julie!!! Thank you!! I loved it! Now I am off to check out these awesome paints you used.

Barbara Nimmo said...

I stumbled upon your blog post wishing everyone happy holidays, and it truly warmed my heart. Your creativity and positive spirit shine through your words, making it a delightful read during this festive season.
can a walmart gift card be used for gas

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Thank you for spreading the holiday cheer, and I'm looking forward to more of your creative inspirations in the coming year!
how to use discount code on nintendo eshop

Timothee Lambert said...

"Bravo! This blog is a masterpiece of information and clarity. The writing style is engaging, making complex concepts easily understandable. Well done!"
https://www.aintpayingfull.com/

Edvin Berg said...

"An enthusiastic applause for the author's ability to make a potentially dry subject not only palatable but also enjoyable. Educational and entertaining — a winning combination!"
https://tryvoucher.com/